Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Oh, happy day!!!!

How exciting it is to see when a new child of God is being born! When the kingdom of God grows and when the life gets transformed! 
We were the witnesses of the baptism of three of our students who became believers this year – Nadya, Dima and Valik. Here are their pictures and their stories. 

Dima Belousov, Odessa Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture  
  I’ll start my story by saying that there were no special tragedies or problems in my life. I used to live my life like a typical student – from one session to another. On that significant day when I agreed to play paintball with my roommates I couldn’t even imagine what a great impact it was going to make on my future life. Actually at that moment I was already thinking about making some changes in my life but I didn’t know exactly what things needed to be changed. 
To my own surprise it wasn’t paintball game that attracted my attention on that day but the people showing their unusual sincerity and kindness. At that moment I couldn’t understand why they were spending their time and energy on the students they didn’t know very well. This was the main thing that made me interested and I decided to attend the following events organized by Campus. Some time later I heard the Gospel. To be honest, at that moment I didn’t realize what I was doing but my heart was open and I had a great desire to face changes in my life.  
And I really noticed the changes soon – I had a lot of new amazing friends, I felt a strong desire to develop my personality, to try the new things and look for the new directions, to open my heart to people, and the most important thing – I wanted to love God! I believe He has prepared a wonderful plan for me and my life. Before I became a Christian I used to think that God puts a lot of limits on a person but now I’m sure that He gives us only the best – the best of anything we only can imagine. 


Nadya, Odessa National University
It’s hard to say exactly when God has entered my life. Actually He’s always been with me, since the very moment I was born. He’s been with me but I haven’t been with Him all the time. I prayed every night before going to bed but I did it in an absolutely childish way. No one taught me how to pray, I just used to tell God about the passed day and give thanks to Him for it. But one day I stopped praying because it seemed to me that I was talking to myself. 

One day when I was going home from the university I met some guys from Campus. They invited me to the Pizza Party. That very night I realized it was exactly what I needed! With the help of Alina (I’m so thankful to her) I repented and began going to church. It is my second home now. I can’t imagine my life without Campus. I believe that I could take part in this ministry in the future and not just be a visitor. 

Valik, Odessa Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture 
As a child I lost my family and was taken to the Baby Home and later to the orphanage. With God’s help I began to study in the city of Odessa but things turned out much more difficult than I used to think before. It took me a long time to adapt in Odessa but I managed to overcome this problem. God helped me to find the right path. I met people from Campus and my life turned into an absolutely new direction. Campus became my second family, I had a lot of new friends, God changed my relationships with people and set a new goal in my life. Being a very shy and reserved person by nature I suddenly became a happy and open-hearted guy and now I am doing my best to achieve my goal. God showed me a lot of new opportunities to reveal myself and serve other people. Campus provides unlimited opportunities for students’ personal development and spiritual growth. I know God and also I know that fact that He will never leave me. I regularly read my Bible and I can see how powerful the God’s Word is in my everyday life.

 Please pray for these students to grow in their faith and be the powerful weapon in God’s hands in their dorms, among their friends and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Adventures

Here are a few updates about my summer activities in life and ministry. In July I went through the training that’s called TRANSIT . I am so ...