Thursday, January 28, 2016

Students are full of passion and energy for the Lord! Invest in students!

This past month I have been thinking a lot about investing in students. Why is it that I am devoted full-time to working with students and developing them??!! 
The answer is so obvious! Students are capable of things that I sometimes have no energy for. If a student is in love with Jesus and properly discipled- all of his passion goes to the work of God on Earth. Students are courageous, strong, creative and they have this childish faith and trust that we sometimes lack. 
 Our student volunteers organized a New Year's trip to the Carpathian Mountains and took non-Christian friends with them.
They did this by themselves and no staff went with them. During the trip they shared the Gospel with these new students by multiple ways: through personal conversations, daily devotionals about the Bible and discussions in small groups.

I want to introduce you to a few students.

This is Alina. She's a 4th year student in the Law school. She has been involved in our ministry for almost 2 years now. Alina initiated leading the student project in Carpathians and she did a tremendous job uniting the team of other students to work on it. Lord is working in her heart and calling her to ministry full time. Please pray for her future and if it's God's will may she joins staff with CRU next year.

Natasha
Helen
We met Helen and Natasha this past fall.  Helen is a deep thinker. She's very interested in Christianity and learning more about her faith. Natasha heard about Christ before and she said she even accepted Him but she was lacking fellowship with Christians.  They are both going to Winter Bible conference with us. 

Helen
Sveta
Sveta has accepted the Lord and she went through all the follow-up meetings with another volunteer Helen. Helen has been in our ministry for almost 4 years now and God has called her to full time ministry with CRU. She will be on stint in Odessa next year. 

February 3-6 will have a big conference for our students from all over Ukraine in Kharkiv. About 300 students will be gathered to worship together and hear the challenge to be radical in their faith and share Christ starting with their classmates, going to other students of Ukraine and eventually to the ends of the world.
Please pray for this conference to have a major impact in their hearts.

Katya and I
Please continue to pray for Katya Kornienko, my teammate. She continues to have problems with her health that cause insomnia and terrible headaches. We are praying for healing, the right diagnosis and treatment.


Thank you for your desire to learn about Ukraine and specifically our student ministry in Odessa.

I am able to do what I do because of your prayers and generous giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Adventures

Here are a few updates about my summer activities in life and ministry. In July I went through the training that’s called TRANSIT . I am so ...